- 300g plain flour
- 200g brown sugar
- 120g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml full fat milk
- 75g melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g chopped white chocolate
“Extraordinarily Delightful” White Chocolate Chip Muffins (Probably)
We made these chocolate chip muffins quite a few weeks ago but subsequently got a bit too involved in eating the results and so our write-up about the process never made it onto sillychefs.com – that is until now.
Unfortunately, with the passage of time we’ve lost the recipe so it’s all a bit of a mystery to us how we produced it. We did, however, write down the ingredients at the time.
We also had these muffins tested by Annie (aged 2 and a half) who has officially verified them as “extraordinarily delightful” (or something like that, she may have used less syllables).
Anyway, we’ve subsequently reviewed several recipes on the web and we think we have jogged our memories sufficiently enough now. So here goes (hopefully you’ll end up with something “extraordinarily delightful” as well).
How we did it:
- We put the oven on and pre-heated it to 200C.
- We placed 12 cases in our muffin tray. Jess used two of them as “a pair of glasses” to demonstrate how much fun you can actually have with muffin cases.
- When we’d stopped laughing (0.5 seconds later) we sieved the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- We mixed the sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and butter together in another bowl.
- We chopped up our white chocolate bar. Jess took her usual commission (currently averaging at about 10% of the total).
- We folded the flour mixture into the egg mixture and added what was left of the chocolate chips.
- We divided the mixture into the muffin cases and baked for 25 minutes until the muffins had risen and felt fairly firm when pressed gently.
- We put the muffins on a wire rack and allowed to cool.
What we thought of it:
With the passage of time we’re 80% confident that the recipe above is about right, 95% sure the ingredients are right but 100% they were “absolutely delightful” as the whole lot were consumed within 24 hours.